Re: 80072745

Discussion in 'Windows Live Messenger' started by David Coblentz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I am not sure how similar the settings of NOD32 are to ESET Smart Security 4, but here is the solution for ESET Smart Security 4 since that's what I use:

1. Right-click the ESET Smart Security icon in the system tray and select "Advanced Setup...".

2. Click on "Excluded applications" under "Protocol filtering" in the setup column tree.

3. Locate and check Windows Live Messenger (msnmsgr.exe).

4. Sign into Windows Live Messenger.

After this, sign out of Windows Live Messenger; and I highly recommend putting ESET in "learn mode" and signing back into Windows Live Messenger. This way ESET can enter the proper firewall parameters automatically:

1. Double-click the ESET Smart Security icon in the system tray.

2. Select "Setup".

3. Select "Personal firewall".

4. Select "Advanced Personal firewall setup...".

5. Change the filtering mode to "Learning mode" using the drop-down box and click OK.

6. Sign into Windows Live Messenger again (you'll see ESET setting the firewall entries. (Change the filtering mode back to the desired mode when finished.)

If anyone uses something other than ESET, try to locate similar settings dealing with the same protocol filtering mentioned above and disable it.

:D

CobliClan

?

David Coblentz, Jan 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question