Re: Unable to edit properties of scheduled task

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Jerold Schulman, Nov 19, 2004.

1. USER Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Task Scheduler Hide Property Pages
    Prevents users from viewing and changing the properties of an existing task.
    This setting removes the Properties item from the File menu in Scheduled Tasks and from the context menu that appears
    when you right-click a task. As a result, users cannot change any properties of a task.
    They can only see the properties that appear in Detail view and in the task preview.
    This setting prevents users from viewing and changing characteristics such as the program the task runs,
    its schedule details, idle time and power management settings, and its security context.
    Note: This setting appears in the Computer Configuration and User Configuration folders. If both settings are configured,
    the setting in Computer Configuration takes precedence over the setting in User Configuration.
    Tip: This setting affects existing tasks only. To prevent users from changing the properties of newly created tasks,
    use the Remove Advanced Menu setting. HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Task Scheduler5.0!Property Pages

Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman, Nov 19, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Jerold,
    I have a similar problem with Scheduled Tasks. I need to be able to let our
    operations team manage tasks on our servers (they at least need to be able
    to Run them) but I don't want to add them to the local Administrators
    groups...yet they don't see Scheduled Tasks under any computer but their own
    in network neighborhood. I've posted to this and other news groups and tried
    a whole bunch of things to no avail. Thought it had something to do with
    remote registry security, secure pipe servers, etc. but I can't get it to
    work.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Tasks and from the context menu that appears
    such as the program the task runs,
    Configuration folders. If both settings are configured,
    changing the properties of newly created tasks,
    HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Task Scheduler5.0!Property Pages

Jim Van Sickle, Nov 19, 2004