Recovery errors 1002 and 1005, each on diff attemps

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by Art Bunch, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Art Bunch

Art Bunch

Hello I am trying a system recovery on my hp notebook g60-447cl vista home premium SP2 using the disks that came with the laptop. I know I don't need the disk because of the internal method of recovery but I wanted to whipe everything from my HDD and I read that this was the way to do it. Now when I get all the way back to where it says it is formatting the windows partition I got the "error 1005" contact support if this continues message(this is my first attempt).So I reset and try again only this time I get the "error 1005" message and same about support. If this cant be fixed then i have really wanted to try Linux would this be a good time to try or do I need to figure out a solution to this problem first. Linux mint 13 "maya"-cinammon 32bit is what I want to try and it is meant to run with with another OS installed. Any help advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Art Bunch, Jul 23, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question