remove SBS GPOs

Discussion in 'Windows Small Business Server' started by tersmi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. tersmi

tersmi

I'm working with a server running Windows 2008 R2 standard edition. it was upgraded from Windows SBS 2000. The server is operating well for the most part, but there are some issues of slow operation on the network. I have been troubleshooting and have in fact upgraded much of the networking hardware (new 24-port gigabit switch, rewiring, etc.). As this has not completely resovled the issue, I'm interested in addressing any possible remaining GPOs that may have come along in the migration from SBS 2000 to Server 2008 R2.

I am quite unfamiliar with Group policy, and therefore could use some assistance - in what to look for, how to find it, and ultimately how to remove it. My first indicator that something is wrong in Group policy stemming from SBS2000 policies is a Folder Redirection error I am seeing regularly (almost daily) in the event log. I attempted to remove the GPO regarding folder redirection but now I get a new error - event id 515, source folder redirection, "Failed to remove policy for folder Videos" - as it is trying to create a folder on the old server which is no longer on the network. IU am also receiving warnings in the EventLog with IDs 1112, 510, 1085, and 515 referring to GroupPolicy, and Folder Redirection. I should note that I've rebooted the server a number of times in making changes and attempting to remove these errors to no avail.

I am happy to report any additional information that might be required for a successful fix here.

Thanks in advance,
    Terry

tersmi, Jun 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question