SBS 2003 temporary network problems

Discussion in 'Windows Small Business Server' started by elupo75, Sep 2, 2013.

1. elupo75

elupo75 Guest

Hello and thanks to everybody.

During last 6 months my intranet based on SBS2003 SP2 + EXCHANGE 2003 is experiencing some mysterious temporary network problems.

Explanations: SBS normally works properly for 1 or 2 hours and, suddenly, on every client of my network (all Win7 and regularly updated) appears the running circle and screen become opaque for at least 5-10 seconds. Then everything back to work but programs running files on server indicates a network error and I've to close and reopen to have them working again.

Tips:

1- process "store.exe" is occupying approximately 600-900mb ram

2- TrendMicro Worry Free Server is updated and running on server and clients

3- SBS is updated. Win2K Server and Exchange Server are on the same machine(I know it's not good but we have no budget for 2 server)

4- some DNS error but not in coincidence with lock (ex. DNS error on 10.00 am but network problems appears at 10.30)

5- gigabit ethernet running properly

On last month, this problems are becoming more frequently and I don't know what can I do. Hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance

Enrico

elupo75, Sep 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. elupo75

Joe Guest

Joe, Sep 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. And even with those few of us who show up here, not much current experience
    with SBS 2k3. I went off that a long time back.

Charlie Russel-MVP, Sep 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question