SBS BPA 2008: WARNING: DNS name server records do not exists

Discussion in 'Windows Small Business Server' started by Simon, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Simon

Simon Guest

Hey everyone

I get the following warning in SBS Best Practice Anaylser: "The DNS name
    server records do not exists. The forward lookup zone DOMAIN.local does not
    contain any DNS name server (NS) resource records with SERVER.DOMAIN.local
    for the _msdcs delegation."

How can I fix this entry in dns-manager and what values do I have as
    standard in this tree for an SBS 2008 Server?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Simon

Simon, Mar 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Open DNS, right click the grayed-out _msdcs folder under domain.local, choose properties. What nameserver is in the properties? It should be the server itself, server.domain.local.

If that is not in there, it could be a configuration issue causing it. To better help, post an ipconfig /all, and any event log err EventID# you see.

Thank you,

--
    Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT], Mar 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question