Suggestion for future MSN Messenger versions . . .

Discussion in 'Windows MSN Messenger' started by Stan Shankman, May 31, 2004.

1. Here's a simple idea:

I would like to have the ability to "post" a custom message for all contacts
    to see.

You know, something like:

"Hello everyone, I will be returning from Europe on the 6th and will be
    looking forward to sending you all pictures."

or:

"have gone to the mall, will return around 8 PM"

This has got to be a good idea.

- Stan Shankman

Stan Shankman, May 31, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Greetings Stan,

You can do this right now! Just add it into your display name. So, if your name was "Stan",
    simply set
    your name to "Stan {Have gone to the mall, bb @ 8}" and then set yourself as away. If you're
    unsure how to change your name, just click the Tools menu from within Messenger, choose
    Options and change it at the top of the Options dialog.

Also, Messenger Plus!, a third-party addition to Messenger, can automatically send contacts a
    message of your choosing if they message you. To do so, after installing Messenger Plus!
    (http://www.msgplus.net), simply set yourself as away, and you'll see the "Personalised Away"
    message box appear where you can set this up. Take note that if you do try this option, be
    sure to read through the installer, as if you do not wish to install the sponsor program (ie.
    advertising) that goes along with Plus!, be sure *not* to chose that option during the
    installation.

All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
    You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

Jonathan Kay [MVP], May 31, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question