Those narrow, rectangular window things......

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Sig, Feb 2, 2008.

  1. Sig

    Sig Guest

    What do you call those narrow white rectangular windows that appear every
    time my clicker points at something, to tell me what I'm looking at!? And,
    how do you get rid of those pesky things!! They're more of a nuisance than
    Bill is to Hillary!
    Sig, Feb 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  2. They are called tooltips. You can usually turn them off using TweakUI, but
    there is no version for Vista, as yet. Maybe one of the other tweaking
    programs can turn them off, but they can be pretty handy.

    Synapse Syndrome, Feb 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  3. Sig

    Bob Guest

    Bob, Feb 2, 2008
  4. Sig

    Nil Guest

    Nil, Feb 2, 2008
  5. Sig

    SG Guest

    That's because the tweaking for this is built right in,,,,,,,,,,

    Open Explorer and click on Tools then Folder Options then the View tab. At
    the bottom uncheck "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
    SG, Feb 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.