User Accounts at Logon vs User Accounts in Parental Control

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by spacejuicer, Jun 20, 2008.

1. spacejuicer

spacejuicer Guest

I started transferring profiles from my old to new PC. Stopped due to
    insufficient space on new drive.

Profiles were transferred but only show in Parental Control setup and not at
    logon screen or in Manage Accounts. I tried to setup a new account using the
    same name in Manage accounts, but can't because "there's already an account
    with that name". I can't find were these profiles are located. They don't
    appear in the USERS folder.

I am the administrator of this pc (vista home premium).

spacejuicer, Jun 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Mark L. Ferguson, Jun 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. spacejuicer

Karl Snooks Guest

Mark,
    I took a look at the suggested link re User Profile Hive Cleanup Service.

From the text there, which I've pasted in, then either the "Service" does not apply to Vista OR the writeup is out-of-date which is also a distinct possibility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Requirements
    a.. Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
    a.. Windows Installer: To use the MSI installation package you must have Windows Installer version 2.0 installed. Otherwise you can follow the manual installation instructions from the readme provided below. Windows Installer 2.0 is included with Windows 2000 SP3 and later, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. You can install Windows Installer 2.0 using this link Windows Installer 2.0 Redistributable for Windows NT & 2000.

NOTE: The service has not been localized but is expected to run properly on localized version of Windows. The event log messages will be shown in English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

karl

Sometimes that error shows up if you use a machine name identical to a user
    name. If that's not it, you can try this utility.

User Profile Hive Cleanup Service:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0E2F3582&displaylang=en&Hash=L3YYBBF#filelist

Karl Snooks, Jun 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question