VISTA BSOD & several stop codes : (

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by cpirate, Jun 13, 2009.

1. cpirate

cpirate

Ok, so I have been reading through lots & lots of posts on many different website, and still cant find cause/soloution to my problem. Normally i can fix most pc problems on my own. BUT NOT THIS !

So it started just over a week ago, my laptop SONY VAIO VGN-FZ15G didnt resume from sleep mode (monitor turning off at night) so I had to restart it, this happened each morning for few days, music would still be playing on mediamonkey but the screen just wouldnt turn back on.
    So I stopped using the sleep mode function. then it started randomly crashing while I was using the laptop and this time I was getting BSOD with error about nvlddmkm.sys, knowing this was prob a NVIDIA driver I reinstalled the driver that comes with the Vaio. I think I might of got the BSOD again with nv but not sure. As now the problem has got worse and I am having real problem even loading the laptop. At the very first splash screen when you can gain access to BIOS the graphics are corrupt (artifacts continue as windows loads) and crashes just before login with BSOD STOP : 124.

3 weeks ago I bought a new external hard drive, this is the only hardware change I have made. And with all the testing I have been doing nothing is connected to my laptop anymore, and the probs still occur.

Now this may have never been an option but when I enter my BIOS there are hardly any options, Its like a stripped down version where you cant change much, I am used to BIOS on desktop machines where there are pages n pages of options. Dont know if this is a sony thing. I have never need to check it on this laptop.

Now I am not to sure what log files to let you guys see at the moment, please list what files shall help to diagnose ?

In safe mode i have not experienced any crashes, i managed to back up all my data in safe mode yesterday. And when i do get the laptop to load I can use it for long periods & then totally randon the screen goes off again.

I have just read the pinned topic "Offical Guide to Fixing BSOD/STOP errors" downloaded the diag tool but my minidump file has gone,need to get laptop to crash agin then test this out. still cant get it to crash, but now the artifacts/lines are now on screen when windows has loaded.

Not sure what else to say, hope someone can help

Cheers Steve

UPDATE: Just reinstalled NVIDIA drivers and on reboot got BSOD Stop 116 nvlddmkm.sys

cpirate, Jun 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question