Vista error code 80004002

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by j.kurz, Mar 17, 2009.

  1. j.kurz

    j.kurz Guest

    On my 4 month old computer Vista always says I have updates to install on
    shutdwon and then never seems to successfuly install them. I have tried the
    windows update and I just get the error code 8000402. AFter searching for
    fixes I tried re-registering the dll files (as administrator) and that does
    not seem to help. I tried to install the latest windows update installer (32
    bit) but when I try to run it it says " installer encountered an error
    0x.8000402 no such interface supported.
    What do I try next?
    JK
     
    j.kurz, Mar 17, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. j.kurz

    TaurArian Guest

    j.kurz wrote:
    :: On my 4 month old computer Vista always says I have updates to
    :: install on shutdwon and then never seems to successfuly install
    :: them. I have tried the windows update and I just get the error code
    :: 8000402. AFter searching for fixes I tried re-registering the dll
    :: files (as administrator) and that does not seem to help. I tried to
    :: install the latest windows update installer (32 bit) but when I try
    :: to run it it says " installer encountered an error 0x.8000402 no
    :: such interface supported.
    :: What do I try next?
    :: JK


    Note when reinstalling Windows Update Agent - save it to a drive where Vista
    is not loaded because the file cannot be launched directly from the system
    root directory.
    Click Start, click Run, type: "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce"
    (without quotations) and then press Enter to install the Windows Update
    engine.

    Note: There is a space between "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe" and
    "/wuforce"

    D: is the drive where Windows is not installed (ie a flash drive or a 2nd
    hard drive etc)



    --

    TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
    http://taurarian.mvps.org
    ======================================
    How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
    or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
    Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
     
    TaurArian, Mar 17, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. j.kurz

    j.kurz Guest

    I tried doing this from a flash drive an it did not work. I stil got this
    message"installer encountered an error 0x.8000402 no such interface
    supported."
    Help!!
    JK
     
    j.kurz, Mar 18, 2009
    #3
  4. j.kurz

    TaurArian Guest

    ::: j.kurz wrote:
    ::::: On my 4 month old computer Vista always says I have updates to
    ::::: install on shutdwon and then never seems to successfuly install
    ::::: them. I have tried the windows update and I just get the error
    ::::: code 8000402. AFter searching for fixes I tried re-registering
    ::::: the dll files (as administrator) and that does not seem to help.
    ::::: I tried to install the latest windows update installer (32 bit)
    ::::: but when I try to run it it says " installer encountered an error
    ::::: 0x.8000402 no such interface supported.
    ::::: What do I try next?
    ::::: JK
    :::
    :: "TaurArian" wrote:
    :::
    ::: Note when reinstalling Windows Update Agent - save it to a drive
    ::: where Vista is not loaded because the file cannot be launched
    ::: directly from the system root directory.
    ::: Click Start, click Run, type: "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe
    ::: /wuforce" (without quotations) and then press Enter to install the
    ::: Windows Update engine.
    :::
    ::: Note: There is a space between "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe" and
    ::: "/wuforce"
    :::
    ::: D: is the drive where Windows is not installed (ie a flash drive or
    ::: a 2nd hard drive etc)
    :::

    j.kurz wrote:
    :: I tried doing this from a flash drive an it did not work. I stil got
    :: this message"installer encountered an error 0x.8000402 no such
    :: interface supported."
    :: Help!!
    :: JK
    :::

    :


    Error code 0x80004002 is triggered when registry keys for Wups2.dll are
    missing. This error code may also be triggered when additional keys are
    missing. By registering the Windows Update file and the other .dll files
    that are listed in Method 1, you make sure that any additional keys are also
    registered.

    Error message when you try to install updates by using the Windows Update or
    Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80004002"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956708
    See method 1 where it refers to Vista - If you are running Windows Vista or
    Windows Server 2008, follow these steps ....... etc.


    --

    TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
    http://taurarian.mvps.org
    ======================================
    How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
    or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
    Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
     
    TaurArian, Mar 18, 2009
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.