Vista or XP can not connect to Window 2008 server

Discussion in 'General Windows Vista Discussion' started by wudt, Jan 14, 2012.

1. wudt

wudt

I opened an account for VPS from a service provider using Window 2008 server R2 Standard. I have been trying to access the account using my two XP RDC and one Vista RDC. For the two XP RDC's, I received message that the use name and password is not correct. For Vista RDC, I received message that the credentials are in correct. I used my wife's MacAir RDC and I got into the account. I asked a colleague of mine to access the account using a Window RDC, and it was successful. After two days if talking to the Tech Support of the Service Provider, I have not been able to get any help.

By the way, when I used the MacAir RDC, I received a message that "the server name on the certificate is incorrect. Do you want to connect to the computer anyway" I said ok and I got into the account. I told the service provider about this certificate problem and was told it was not the problem.

Any help will be much appreciated. Please not that I am not too advanced in computer system things. So, please be patient.

wudt, Jan 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question