white out and lost email when sending long email (to same email ad

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by rluchansky, Mar 13, 2010.

  1. rluchansky

    rluchansky Guest

    Twice recently I wrote long emails (tothe same person). I spell checked and
    then hit Send. The screen whited out and I recieved a message "windows has
    stopped working and will now close". The email I wrote disappeared. Lost
    email and all my hard work. Thanks for any help with this problem.
     
    rluchansky, Mar 13, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. rluchansky

    VistaRookie Guest

    If you are scanning emails with your anti-virus program - don't.
    Email scanning is redundant at best and harmful to the email
    database at worst. Uninstall your anti-virus and then reinstall
    unchecking the option to scan emails, so it is turned off during
    the reinstallation of your anti-virus.

    Detailed explanations:
    'OETips' (http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3)
    'Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email - A Cloudeight
    Information Avenune Tutorial'
    (http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm)

    Based on the information you provided, there is no way to tell
    what caused the white-out. Save a long email into your draft
    folder in case something like this might happen again.


    --
    VistaRookie

    10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found
    here:
    '*Google*' (http://www.google.com)
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
     
    VistaRookie, Mar 13, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.