Win Vista Home basic connection limit set up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by rsateler, Aug 20, 2009.

1. rsateler

rsateler

Hi everyone, i'm having a problem connecting with LAN network computers around mine (which has windows vista home basic). I'm aware of the limitation that this version of win vista has, which limits the number of network connections to 5. But usualy I only use network shares or printers from 3 computers, but windows vista won't let me connect to them every single time I need them. I'm thinking, and I may be totally mistaken here:confused:, that windows vista is connecting with other 5 computers in the network not allowing me to connect to the share I'm in need (sometimes).
    If what I'm thinking is correct and this is actually my problem, does anybody know if there is a way to choose which 5 computers windows vista connects to or maybe blacklisting the others or managing the connections to stop unused ones or any other idea???

Hope you can help me on this one. thanks a lot for your comments.

rsateler, Aug 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question