Windows 7 Installation problems

Discussion in 'General Windows Vista Discussion' started by jackowens, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jackowens

jackowens

Dear Friends,

I'm running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate on my Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv9700t laptop and want to upgrade to the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Professional.

I wrote to Hewlett-Packard asking if there were any special considerations in doing that and was advised that HP doesn't recommed that upgrade and that if I try it I might end up with a non-functioning laptop.

I downloaded and tried to install the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor but had a pop-up window tell me that the device driver software for checking my laptop was not successrfully installed and I was advised to check with HP about the problem.

Have any others had this probllem of this sort?

Regards to all from

Jack Owens.

jackowens, Dec 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. jackowens

useurcamera

dude. u have windows vista ultimate, you can only istall using 7 ultimate ALSO

useurcamera, Feb 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. jackowens

SofiaBrown

If you receive an error message when trying to install a 64-bit version of Windows, your computer's central processing unit (CPU) might not be capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows.
    If your CPU is capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows, but your computer is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or a USB flash drive.

SofiaBrown, Jul 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question