Windows DVD Maker Encoding Very Slowly when burning to a disc

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by raj basi, Dec 31, 2009.

1. raj basi

raj basi

Dear Community,

I have been burning DVD’s and have always used Windows
    DVD maker. Recently the DVD maker encodes so slowly that I have to continually ‘cancel’ the burn.

I started the DVD Maker process again after disabling all of the codes or filters EXCEPT .avi.

Currently I am burning 2 x .avi files (215MB & 679MB) onto a 16 speed DVD-R 4.7GB disc (I’ve used these Maxwell discs before with no problems).

It has been burning now for over 12 hours and is still only on 17.5%.

This is a problem that has only just started. I have tried other discs to burn onto but with the same problem.

No other programs are running at the same time, CPU usage is at 4%, RAM at 47% & SWP at 0%. (This info is off my task bar).

I then went to the Windows Task Manager and changed the priority to high, and now my CPU is running at 100%. And the encoding has only increased from 17.5% to 17.9% in the last hour.

My system info is as follows:

Windows Vista Home (Service Pack 2)

Dell – Inspiron 530s
    Rating – 4.0
    Processor – Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU [email protected] 2.20GHz
    Memory (RAM) – 3.00GB
    System type – 32 bit Operating System

Hard Disc Drives (2) – C drive = 67.0GB free of 222GB
    Recovery (D – 5.50GB free of 9.99GB

I hope that you have enough information here to help, I’m not a technical person myself, so I would really appreciate any help in ‘really basic’ speak.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

raj basi

raj basi, Dec 31, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question