Windows update error code 80072EFE

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by Ron Ingram, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Ron Ingram

Ron Ingram

Hello,

My computer has not updated windows since Friday 8/13/10. All updates on that date upded successfully exept for three, security updates for Word 2003, Ecxel 2007, and Outlook 2007 junk email filter. I did not notice this until I started having other problems though. My svchost stops running frequently in the last several days and tells me that updates might be needed. When I try to check for updates, I get the 87002EFE error code. I have run PC Matic and Uniblue registry booster in normal and safe modes and Panda Global Protection 2010 virus scan in normal mode and only get a few spyware that have been eliminated. I have also reset my router and my firewall access list, and even turned the firewalls off completely with no change in results. I have also noticed that, when I search for help for this error code, I am redirected when I click on some sites. Can you help, please.

Ron

Ron Ingram, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question