Windows Update Error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by richdvt, Oct 29, 2010.

1. richdvt

richdvt

Hi,

I have Vista Home Premium sp2 that does not allow me to get any windows updates. I have scanned the machine with MBAM, Spybot and MSE and removed all infections that they found.

When running WU, I get an error code 80072efe and I have extensively researched this online and tried all suggestions, but none of them have worked. I have disabled cryptographic services and removed the catroot2 directory, then reenabled crypto and tried so many other things I cannot think of them all at this point.

One other thing that I know of is that there seems to be some redirector still running on this machine as IE searches keep getting redirected to shopping sites and the like. None of the tools I have used have picked this up and cleaned it.

I have spent a full day working on this so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

richdvt, Oct 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question