Windows Update Fail to install all Update

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by Hatake_kakshi, Oct 15, 2007.

  1. I have this problem for two days now and i have tryed every solution in here
    but nothing seems to work. please help me.
     
    Hatake_kakshi, Oct 15, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Hatake_kakshi

    tenista Guest

    same problem..
     
    tenista, Oct 15, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Hatake_kakshi

    TaurArian Guest

    As you have tried every solution here and you have failed to provide any
    details of your problem/windows version etc, then suggest you start a free
    Windows Update support incident request:
    https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527

    Please advise MS what you have tried, what windows version etc and what the
    problem/error code is. Perhaps they can suggest something that hasn't been
    mentioned in this Newsgroup.

    Thank you.

    HTH - K
     
    TaurArian, Oct 15, 2007
    #3
  4. i have Windows xp sp2 and the error code is 80240020
     
    Hatake_kakshi, Oct 15, 2007
    #4
  5. Error messages that you may receive when you try to download and install updates from the
    Windows Update Web site, from the Microsoft Update Web site, or from a WSUS server:
    "0x800704DD," "0x80240020," or both
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910341


    --
    ====================================
    TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
    ====================================
    How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
    http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

    Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.


    |i have Windows xp sp2 and the error code is 80240020
    |
    | "TaurArian" wrote:
    |
    | > As you have tried every solution here and you have failed to provide any
    | > details of your problem/windows version etc, then suggest you start a free
    | > Windows Update support incident request:
    | > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527
    | >
    | > Please advise MS what you have tried, what windows version etc and what the
    | > problem/error code is. Perhaps they can suggest something that hasn't been
    | > mentioned in this Newsgroup.
    | >
    | > Thank you.
    | >
    | > HTH - K
    | >
    | >
    | > "Hatake_kakshi" wrote:
    | >
    | > > I have this problem for two days now and i have tryed every solution in here
    | > > but nothing seems to work. please help me.
     
    TaurArian [MS-MVP], Oct 15, 2007
    #5
  6. i have already tryed this didnt work i tryed allmost every solution thet
    suggested in here
     
    Hatake_kakshi, Oct 15, 2007
    #6
  7. maybe this will help its the log of one off the fail updates:

    [KB933360.log]
    1.282:
    ================================================================================
    1.282: 2007/10/15 02:07:49.937 (local)
    1.282:
    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\feba56dcf41a925dcdd58101f4bd971d\update\update.exe (version 6.2.29.0)
    1.282: Hotfix started with following command line: /si
    /ParentInfo:24e726855368cc4486f0d7f8791a6965
    1.282: TZVersion is Not Present
    1.282: First Condition in Prereq.CheckRegistry.Section Succeeded
    1.282: Condition succeeded for section Prereq.CheckRegistry.Section in Line
    1 of PreRequisite
    1.438: DoInstallation: CleanPFR failed: 0x2
    1.453: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.Sel
    1.453: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
    1.485: CreateUninstall = 1,Directory = C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB933360$
    1.485: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halaacpi.dll failed:
    0xe0000102
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\sp4.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\sp3.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\sp2.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\sp1.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\driver.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\fp40ext.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\fp40ext1.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\wms4.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\wms41.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\ims.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\ims1.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\ins.cab does not exist
    1.500: ref tag c:\windows\system32\ins1.cab does not exist
    1.516: Starting AnalyzeComponents
    1.516: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
    1.516: No c:\windows\INF\updtblk.inf file.
    1.516: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
    1.516: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 0 ticks
    1.516: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
    1.516: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
    1.516: FindFirstFile c:\windows\$hf_mig$\*.*
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: KB933360 Setup encountered an error: The update.ver file is not
    correct.
    1.516: AnalyzeForBranching used 0 ticks.
    1.516: AnalyzePhaseTwo used 0 ticks
    1.516: AnalyzePhaseThree used 0 ticks
    1.516: AnalyzePhaseFive used 0 ticks
    1.516: AnalyzePhaseSix used 0 ticks
    1.516: AnalyzeComponents used 0 ticks
    1.516: Downloading 2 files
    1.516: bPatchMode = TRUE
    1.516: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=0, 31 ticks
    1.516: Num Ticks for invent : 31
    1.516: [dumpDownloadTask] Update.exe posting request file to download a
    total of 49496 bytes (0 bytes in patches and 49496 bytes in fallbacks)
    1.516: dumpDownloadTask returned 0xf200 (more files to download)
    1.532: KB933360 installation did not complete.
    1.532: Update.exe extended error code = 0xf200
    1.047:
    ================================================================================
    1.047: 2007/10/15 02:22:57.875 (local)
    1.047:
    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\feba56dcf41a925dcdd58101f4bd971d\update\update.exe (version 6.2.29.0)
    1.047: Hotfix started with following command line: /si
    /ParentInfo:a4b764d62063f44e8b44ffcfdde99570
    1.047: TZVersion is Not Present
    1.047: First Condition in Prereq.CheckRegistry.Section Succeeded
    1.047: Condition succeeded for section Prereq.CheckRegistry.Section in Line
    1 of PreRequisite
    1.219: DoInstallation: CleanPFR failed: 0x2
    1.219: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.Sel
    1.219: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
    1.250: Express: 49,496 bytes were downloaded.
    1.250: [PatchFilesFromResponseBlob] returning STATUS_READY_TO_INSTALL
    1.266: KB933360 installation did not complete.
    1.266: Update.exe extended error code = 0xf201


     
    Hatake_kakshi, Oct 15, 2007
    #7
  8. Then start a free incident support.
    K

    --
    ====================================
    TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
    ====================================
    How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
    http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

    Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.


    |i have already tryed this didnt work i tryed allmost every solution thet
    | suggested in here
    |
    | "TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    |
    | > Error messages that you may receive when you try to download and install updates from
    the
    | > Windows Update Web site, from the Microsoft Update Web site, or from a WSUS server:
    | > "0x800704DD," "0x80240020," or both
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910341
    | >
    | >
    | > --
    | > ====================================
    | > TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
    | > ====================================
    | > How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    | > Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
    | > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
    | >
    | > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    | >
    | >
    | > | > |i have Windows xp sp2 and the error code is 80240020
    | > |
    | > | "TaurArian" wrote:
    | > |
    | > | > As you have tried every solution here and you have failed to provide any
    | > | > details of your problem/windows version etc, then suggest you start a free
    | > | > Windows Update support incident request:
    | > | > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527
    | > | >
    | > | > Please advise MS what you have tried, what windows version etc and what the
    | > | > problem/error code is. Perhaps they can suggest something that hasn't been
    | > | > mentioned in this Newsgroup.
    | > | >
    | > | > Thank you.
    | > | >
    | > | > HTH - K
    | > | >
    | > | >
    | > | > "Hatake_kakshi" wrote:
    | > | >
    | > | > > I have this problem for two days now and i have tryed every solution in here
    | > | > > but nothing seems to work. please help me.
    | >
    | >
    | >
     
    TaurArian [MS-MVP], Oct 15, 2007
    #8
  9. Hatake_kakshi

    PA Bear Guest

    How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
    Update Services installation issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602

    Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
    https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527

    Support for Windows Update:
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

    Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
    anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
    Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
    to install the update(s).

    1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

    2. You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798

    3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
    associated with the download/install.

    How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

    3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/mowgreen/index.php?showentry=1122
    and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
    link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
     
    PA Bear, Oct 15, 2007
    #9
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.