Windows Updates Creating Unintsall Folders

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by ColTom2, Apr 14, 2004.

1. ColTom2

ColTom2 Guest

Hi:

I just opened Windows Explorer and then opened my Windows Folder and apparently all the Windows Updates that I have installed have created an uninstall folder for each update. These folders are named "$NtUninstallQ309521$" etc with either a separate Q or KB number for each folder listed.

How do I stop Windows XP Home edition from saving and automatically building all these folders? Also is it safe to delete all these folders. In addition, I also have a laptop with XP Home Edition and it is not saving and building all these uninstall folders.

Thanks

ColTom2, Apr 14, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. ColTom2

Lucy [MSFT] Guest

The directories contain the necessary information to uninstall updates. If you have no intention of uninstalling updates then the folders can be deleted.

Thanks,
    Lucy [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hi:

I just opened Windows Explorer and then opened my Windows Folder and apparently all the Windows Updates that I have installed have created an uninstall folder for each update. These folders are named "$NtUninstallQ309521$" etc with either a separate Q or KB number for each folder listed.

How do I stop Windows XP Home edition from saving and automatically building all these folders? Also is it safe to delete all these folders. In addition, I also have a laptop with XP Home Edition and it is not saving and building all these uninstall folders.

Thanks

Lucy [MSFT], Apr 17, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question