Windows Vista Harddisk Not Responding

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by vincyag2000, Sep 21, 2009.

1. vincyag2000

vincyag2000

Hello Guys, My family recently(2 years back) bought a Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU with 2.39 GHz and 2 GB RAM. It has a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Graphic Card in it. Recently the Harddisk, a Hitachi Deskstar 320 GB SATA at 3.0 GB/s (Model Number HDT725032VLA360, if I missed anything) started to hang a lot. It would hang once in an hour first, but then eventually increasing to hanging once in 5 minutes. The harddisk just stopped responding. We ran the Disk Checks many times but still it would keep on hanging. We lived with this for about 3 weeks, but then eventually we changed the Harddisk.
    We bought another Hitachi Deskstar exept it had 500 GB and was a SATA2 harddisk. I do not know the specifications as this harddisk is installed in this computer currently. The model Number is HDP725050GLA360. This harddisk was working fine for some time, but then eventually the process has started up again. Hanging all the time. To make matters worse, whenever it hangs, the only way to make the harddisk respond is to reboot the computer, so whatever information isn't saved is gone. The harddisk hanged 2 times while I was writing this post.
    Please someone help with this problem. And im just a 13 year old, so try and make the explanations simple:).
    Thanks

vincyag2000, Sep 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question