Windvd problems

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by Bill, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Bill

Bill Guest

I have an HP m300y with Windvd 4 SE(oem version). I have great 5.1 performance running Windvd by itself for 5.1 playback using Ext Processor setup in Audio. However, when I run Media Center or Player I do not get sound out of my right rear speaker. The audio setting that come up are the Windvd audio settings, but the 5.1 selection has been greyed out and I can only select 2 channel options. I've tried to install Windvd Platinum 5(trial version) and I get sound, but no video when running from Media Player or Media Center. I have an Audigy SB platinum card using Logitech Z680 speakers. Computer also has Interplayer 2 installed on it and standard DIVX codec(allowed me to view avi's on My videos).

I've called Intervideo and HP and have not been able to get any good recommendations on what step I should take next. Is there a good way to start over with codecs?
    Thanks,

Bill

Bill, Jan 21, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question