I've got a small network consisting of 10 XP boxes and a server running SBS\n2003 with WSUS 220.127.116.1120. I haven't considered upgrading to WSUS 3.0\nbecause so far 2.0 has worked very well for us, and the default group policy\nfor clients disables AU entirely.\n\nI'm in the process of cleaning up the client computers by formatting the\nharddrives and performing fresh installs of XP SP2 followed by upgrading to\nSP3. Once SP3 and basic software gets installed on the machines, I add them\nto an Updates group which has a GPO that enables AU and points them to the\nWSUS server. It has worked very well so far.\n\nOne of the machines, after receiving all necessary updates, has stopped\nreporting to the WSUS server. I initially removed the machine from WSUS\n(using the WSUS Computers -> Remove the selected Computer command) and\nremoved it from the Updates group when it had received all the updates it\nneeded. At a later date I added it to the Updates group again to compare its\nstatus against a similar machine, but it never reported in to WSUS. I have\nrun the gpupdate and wuauclt /detectnow commands on the machine with no\nresults. This happened several weeks ago, and has remained in the Updates\ngroup ever since, so if it was going to contact the WSUS server it would have\nby now.\n\nI will run wuauclt /detectnow and post the tail of its WindowsUpdate.log\nfile shortly.