XP (re)installation on computer... C drive crashed...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by aidem media, Dec 8, 2009.

1. aidem media

aidem media

Short Version:

Is there a way I can instal WVXP64 Ulitmate on a 30gb Solid State HD?

Long Version....

I built my computer in nov 08 with 2x seagate 1tb internal hard drives (they were the .11 versions)

one crashed, not my OS disk - back in July - I finally researched these drives and realized the problems with them - I bought a 2TB Hitachi drive and copied EVERYTHING from my C drive to the Hitachi....

Sunday, my C drive crashed - I had no OS..... ( I thought since I copied EVERYTHING from the C drive to the hitachi, I could just run the computer off the hitachi?) I couldn't figure this out, so I purchased and overnighted a 30gb Solid State disk from Newegg.... I just got it today, now I realize it is too small to install onto....

so my 2 questions are - is there a way to make my computer run off of the hitachi, that has every single file on it the C drive had, or is there a way I can make WV64 ulitmate fit onto the 30gb SSHD?

or do I have to have an 80gb SSHD overnighted for tomorrow?

THanks,

Derek

aidem media, Dec 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question